Hey!

Hey! Whats good!

So this week was a pretty great week! We had a lot of quality lessons. We helped quite a bit of people by just listening to them and being there for them. It was a really cool week. Elder Kneupper was a great companion but he is now in the land of eternal p-days! I am grateful I was able to be his companion! I am grateful that I was able to stay in Normandy Park. Its a great area, and a lot of good things are going to happen this transfer, I can feel it! 

My new companion, Elder Savage seems pretty cool! I am grateful for what the mission experience is doing for me. I am growing in a lot of ways that I didn't know was possible. It is a great experience! 

So I read in Malachi 3 and in verse 3 it says that "he shall sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver" That is a way cool verse. The process of purifying silver is really cool. So the refiner puts the silver into the furnace to clean out the impurities in the silver. As the silver is purifying the refiner has to keep his eye on the silver so he does not injure or burn the silver. So he has to watch it constantly. And how does the refiner know when the silver is ready? He knows its ready when he can see the reflection of himself in the silver, then the silver is ready to come out of the furnace. Jesus Christ is the perfect refiner. He knows exactly how long we need to be in the Furnace because He never takes His eyes off of us. Though the trials and hardships are tough, He knows how much we can take, and He will NEVER give us more then we can handle. He will NEVER let us become injured. He takes us out of the Furnace when he can see himself in us. Trials and hardships bring us closer to God especially if we ask for His help throughout the trial. We will always come out on top if we ask for Gods help. 

I am grateful to be a missionary at this time. I love you all!

<Kia Kaha>
-Elder Barney

(email from July 1, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment