Grandma Johnson

April 16, 2014
Elder Barney's Great-Grandma passed away and this is what he sent:


Hey,
Don't worry, President Choi told me to do this :) 
could you read this at Great Grandma Johnsons funeral :)


Hello Friends and Family,

I am Elder Austin Barney currently serving my LDS mission in Seattle Washington, and just wanted to write a few things. I will never forget the times when Grandma and Grandpa would dress up and do shows for us when we were little kids. I loved watching them and thought they were the coolest!

Before I left on my mission, grandma would always say this when ever she saw me "Boy! you have gotten so big and strong! I can't wait for you too serve your mission! You are going to be such a great missionary!" I loved talking with her. The last thing Grandma told me before I left was, I will never forget what she said. She said "Now Austin, I don't think I am going to be around when you get back, I just want you too know that when I pass away, that I will be with you will you are on your mission. I love you so much." I know that she is with me and watching over me right now. 

I recently read this scripture in D&C 84, its verse 88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. I believe that Grandma is one of the angels that are with me. I know with all my heart that I will see Grandma again, because of Christ and His sacrifice. I am grateful for that knowledge. I know that she is saving us all seats right next to her in Heaven.

<Kia Kaha>
-Elder Barney

No comments:

Post a Comment